Saturday 26 May 2018

Back home via Iona

Well after a birthday to remember with the Round House Blessing despite it not being totally finished , 



we launched straight into our women's retreat , which proved as always a magical experience .
I then left for Iona staying enroute in the Lake District and discovered some stone circles that were really special.
Iona was just simply beautiful though I seem not to have any pictures not quite sure why . I did however ,capture the essence of this little island deep inside of me . 
A second visit just as wonderful as the first time I went some nine years ago now. The women who joined myself and Claire were all from America and the retreat Judith planned was all encompassing .We made a labyrinth on the north beach , collected Iona marble and serpentine stones on the south beach , climbed to the highest point for a releasing  ceremony , sung vespers in the little chapel alongside the abbey , made a beaded prayer paidirean , all such wonderful food for the soul . This along with the fresh locally sourced food for our tummies made me very happy indeed.
I then travelled to Liverpool where Ali joined me and we spent five days visiting friends and enjoying the weather and all that Liverpool had to offer .
Now back home , it's just lovely to see the wisteria in full bloom , 



only wish I could capture the smell for you . Fred has been hard at it with the final stages of the round house and hopefully it will be fully finished toward the end of June . Great to see the sedum roof taking hold .



Our regular holiday makers are arriving for the half term and the sun is shining . I shall be offering sound healing and gong baths this week with a booked full moon Sound Bath on Tuesday .
Lots to do and lots to be extremely grateful for . This amazing place is bursting into life , this does mean a lot of gardening and grass cutting is called for !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty Plants and Perfect Pew .

Such a long time since I wrote here , I tend to post more on FB these days .  However new things coming up , so many things bursting int...